Greendale Community College Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread

5 posters

Go down

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread Empty Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread

Post  Giant Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

COMMUNITY PREMIERE
EPISODE 1.01 "PILOT"

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread Bscap0054s

This is the Official discussion thread for episode 1.01 "Pilot". This episode airs September 17 at 9:30/8:30c on NBC.

Directed by : Anthony & Joe Russo
Written by : Dan Harmon

Synopsis wrote:The series centers on Jeff (Joel McHale), a suspended lawyer who is back in school after his college degree is deemed invalid by the State Bar. The show centers on Jeff going to community college and his experience there. On his experience at the community college, Jeff encounters Pierce (Chevy Chase), an elder student at the community college that has been married seven times.

Have a good episode Very Happy

This official discussion thread has been created so that you can post any thoughts, observations, reviews, postivies, critisms (etc) from the episode. This is like a central thread for any non-specific items. You're welcome to create new threads in this forum for specific items that you want to discuss or bring attention to.

Last edited by Giant on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Giant
Giant
Admin

https://greendalecommunity.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread

Post  Giant Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:24 pm

I think it's time to give my opinion about this pilot.

I'VE LOVED IT !

The dialogues are so quick and funny, the line about Ben Affleck made laugh out loud lol!
This show is like nothing else on TV currently, Better Off Ted was the last new show where I've found an intelligent writing.

The characters are very funny, Joel McHale is a little bit like Jason Bateman in Arrested Development. He's "normal" but surrounded by losers and crazy people.

Abed cheers "Am I deaf ?!" Laughing One of his best moment on the pilot.

So I've got huge expectations for the next episodes, I hope their will be as funny as the pilot or more !
Giant
Giant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread

Post  Vampirehobo Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:37 pm

The moral relativism joke made me laugh pretty hard, I'll admit. It wasn't bad at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how the show goes.

Vampirehobo

Back to top Go down

Official 1.01 Community "Pilot" Discussion Thread Empty did you notice in the pilot?

Post  Jackbtripper Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:31 am

I have watched the pilot a few hundred times now and I just noticed that the black lunch lady is watching Joel to see if he is going to pay the whole time he is talking to Britta in the cafeteria.

That’s why the show will be great, because of those little details they pay attention to.

Hilarious! I hope she makes a return to the show. Very funny.
Jackbtripper
Jackbtripper
Admin

http://greendalecommunity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunk Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:16 pm

I couldn't wait 10 more days so I finally watched the pilot and that's not a surprise, I loved it Very Happy !

The show seems to be so fast, that's the first impression I got. Jokes keep going and going without a single break, I like that style, kinda like... Arrested Development Cool. I was afraid that all the jokes were concentrated in the preview and hopefully I wasn't the case. All the main cast was brillant, I have no complain at all, really, it was even better that I was hoping for !

Now I'll have to wait the 24th to see what's coming next, that's a long wait but I know it has all chances to worth it now that I've seen this hilarious first episode Cool. I hope the series won't be cancelled too quickly, thursday night is a huge night, Community will have to cope with CSI, Supernatural, Grey's and Fringe for the first 4-5 weeks, and then it'll air at 8.... NBC is trying to promote the show by coupling it with The Office, that's a good thing but I'm afraid the audience won't follow with the change, Parks and Recreation (5.5/6 millions viewers last season) is not as popular as The Office (8/8.5 millions viewers. And at 8, there's still some hit shows on the others networks : the upcoming FlashForward & Vampire Diaries, Bones and Survivor... it could be worse but it could certainly be better.

Anyway, no matter how many there will be, I sure the next episodes will rock. If it's the same tone as it was in the pilot, if it has the same rhythm, they can already count me as a devoted fan Smile !
Bunk
Bunk

http://www.top-series.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Giant Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:09 pm

The serie premiere is for tomorrow !

I'm so excited cheers
Giant
Giant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whirlwind Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 pm

I can't wait to rewatch it again tonight! Though I'm bummed at it's current time slot, I'll have to be flipping between shows starting next week until it moves time slots.
Whirlwind
Whirlwind

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackbtripper Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm

So was it just me or was their a few subtle differences in the on air version. In addition to the opening title sequence I think there were a few more lines specifically when Joel and Britta first meet for the study group.

Anything else I missed?
Jackbtripper
Jackbtripper
Admin

http://greendalecommunity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Giant Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Yes I've heard a lot of different music during the episode, but fot the lines between Joel and Britta I haven't heard anything Question
Giant
Giant
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whirlwind Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:09 am

I noticed the difference to! The exchange between Britta and Jeff is different, she originally just says "Honesty" being important, but in the TV premiere she mentions she dropped out, joined the peace core and something about impressing radio head I think Laughing

Late notice but E! also played the pilot Friday night after The Soup they cut out loads of it for time though.
Whirlwind
Whirlwind

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum